none
C# naming convention crash RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to setup my naming conventions in Visual Studio 2019, but when I go in Tool, Options, Text Editor, C#, Code Style, and then click on naming conventions, IDE crashes.

Is there a workaround for this?

Friday, August 9, 2019 4:35 PM

All replies

• Tool, Options, Text Editor, C#, Code Style, and then click on naming conventions

Can you provide a screen shot of that? I do not see naming conventions there.

It is probably a tool or extension. Does the naming conventions show when you execute VS in safemode? If not then it is a tool or extension.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, August 9, 2019 6:19 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, I can reproduced this issue in my side and sorry for this inconvenience.

After research, I found other community member already reported this issue to the VS Product Team, please vote it and add your comment, then we need to waiting for the feedback comes from the VS product team engineers. If there have any updates or workarounds in the future, I will also update it in here and thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 12, 2019 6:06 AM
  • Hi Eric,

This issue is a known issue of .NET Framework 4.8 and according to this, the fix is included in the latest NET Framework 4.8, please download the updated .NET Framework 4.8 installer to install, reboot the computer and check this option again, it works fine on my side as below:

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:08 AM