none
InstallShield Limited Edition Not Available for VS Pro 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• So I'm trying to put together an Excel Add-In without using the "Click-Once Deployment"

I followed the instructions in this MS Article:</p><p>Deploying an Office Solution by Using Windows Installer

(Apparently my account isn't verified so I can't post the link to the article, also it's not clear how I can verify my account, as I have clicked on verification e-mail links when I created the account)

It says:

"expand Other Project Types, and then choose the Setup and Deployment template"

then

"In the list of project types for

Setup and Deployment, choose

Enable InstallShield Limited Edition, and then choose the OK button.

A page appears that provides information about how to get InstallShield Limited Edition.

On that page, choose the Go to the download web site link."

When I click on "Go to the download web site link" I get the page for InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio but on the right side it has a box that says "This form is temporarily offline" with no way to download.

So I paid for a copy of VS Pro 2013, but there is no way for me to build a package to install my code with the included software (except for the click-once-deploy).

There used to be a way to do that in previous versions of Visual Studio, but it has since been removed and it seems to be left up to the purchaser of Visual Studio to figure out how to get the compiled code to actually install, since the instructions on the MS site and the instructions included in Visual Studio appear to be out of date/not working.

IMHO If MS is going to provide solutions and documentation that says to download software from site X, they should verify that the software is actually there and can be downloaded. If it cannot, the documentation should be revised to remove links to invalid downloads.

My Question is, given that I cannot seem to get InstallShield LE, what are my options (besides click-once deploy) for getting the software I have built with 2013 to actually install?

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 11:34 PM

Answers

• OK, so I went to the page that the above instructions are for at:

And there is still an error on the site.

The good news is, I called Flexera support at the 800 number at the top of the above page and asked for tech support.

After explaining the situation, the support person e-mailed me a working download link and an activation key.  So problem solved.  If you are experiencing issues downloading this, call their support number and explain the situation and they should fix you right up.

Kudos go to Flexera

Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:37 PM

All replies

• OK, so I went to the page that the above instructions are for at:

And there is still an error on the site.

The good news is, I called Flexera support at the 800 number at the top of the above page and asked for tech support.

After explaining the situation, the support person e-mailed me a working download link and an activation key.  So problem solved.  If you are experiencing issues downloading this, call their support number and explain the situation and they should fix you right up.

Kudos go to Flexera

Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:37 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for sharing your solutions here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 10, 2014 1:24 AM