none
VSC++2017 WSL GNU Makefile

Question

• Is there a way to use a GNU Makefile that I have in the remote build process automatically? I can't find any documentation online as to how to go about this.

If I have multithreaded code that requires the -pthread flag to be set for the remote build, where would I be setting this flag and others?

/Thanks

Thursday, January 18, 2018 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi surahman,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum is about the MSBuild (Topics including: usage of MSBuild, build customization, and MSBuild extensibility via tasks, loggers and hosting.), as your issue is more related to the GNU, this is out of our support. I suggest that you can open a new thread here:

https://www.gnu.org/home.en.html

If you have some MSBuild questions, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 19, 2018 6:17 AM
  • Hi, Leo.

My question is about integrating the Cross-Platform -> Linux Console Application using custom build parameters. I'm not sure if it's MSBuild that's offloading the make commands to the WSL command line or if its something else. This is not a GNU issue - my makefiles work perfectly if I execute them from Bash. My question is if we can integrate the build process from inside VS to offload the makefiles to WSL or a Linux server for a remote build.

If not, how would I go about setting the custom build flags within VS for the remote Linux project? Is this the right forum subsection for this question?

Thanks,

Friday, January 19, 2018 2:32 PM