none
Please update to UAP 10.0.15063.0

Question

• Hi,

I am still learning this whole programming thing so forgive me if this is just a "small fix" question.

I clicked started a new Windows Universal Visual C# project in VS2017. Of course, the IDE built out a starter solution for me that included a MainPage.xaml file. When I clicked on it in the Solutions area, the MainPage tab comes up with the error in the middle of the screen saying:

Visual Studio requires a newer version of Windows to display this content. Please update to UAP 10.0.15063.0 or later.

I looked on my computer and it looks like everything is up to date. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

• Edited by athomas.wtv Tuesday, January 02, 2018 5:13 PM I needed to provide extra detail for reader understanding.
    Tuesday, January 02, 2018 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

The XAML designer for UWP projects targeting 10.0.15063.0 only works on machines running Windows 10 Creator's Update (Besides, If you want to have a Target Platform Version of 10.0.16299.0, you will need to update your machine to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update because the new controls added in 10.0.16299.0 cannot be displayed accurately on earlier versions of Windows.).

After installing the update, you need to use the XAML view. There is a tab to switch between Design and XAML views on the bottom of the document page.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 5:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

The XAML designer for UWP projects targeting 10.0.15063.0 only works on machines running Windows 10 Creator's Update (Besides, If you want to have a Target Platform Version of 10.0.16299.0, you will need to update your machine to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update because the new controls added in 10.0.16299.0 cannot be displayed accurately on earlier versions of Windows.).

After installing the update, you need to use the XAML view. There is a tab to switch between Design and XAML views on the bottom of the document page.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 5:49 AM
  • Would updating to this drastically change my computer in a way that I should take precaution is it just another background update?

Also, I tired but McAfee Agent is stopping me. I uninstalled the McAfee Enterprise software before I did the Agent which I found was a mistake. Now I can't get Agent off of my computer because it's stuck in "Managed Mode" or something like that. Have you ran into this issue?

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 5:55 PM