none
Cannot get remote debugging working using SSDT in VS 2017 against SQL 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running VS Pro 2017 (15.9.14) and SSDT 15.1.61906.03120 on Windows 10 not in a domain trying to debug against a SQL Server 2017 named instance running on Windows Server 2012, also not in a domain.  I am connecting using SQL security using an account with the sysadmin role and can browse objects and execute queries.  I have gone through the steps to enable the firewalls at both ends and have even tried turning the firewalls off at both ends.  (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/scripting/configure-firewall-rules-before-running-the-tsql-debugger?view=sql-server-2017) Every time I try to debug a stored procedure I get the error illustrated below.  I really wish the had not removed debugging from SSMS.  Can anyone refer me to an online source that walks through the setup of systems NOT in a domain.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Saturday, July 27, 2019 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Byron Sisson,

Sorry for delay in reply.

Please follow the below article to configure this debugger:

Unable to do remote SQL Stored Procedure debugging

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 29, 2019 10:09 AM