none
XAMERIN Apps RRS feed

• Question

• Help,

I am just getting started with XAMERIN.  I have used Visual Studio for desktop programs and web server programs.

But XAMERIN is a bit confusing.

To start with the Deploy drop down option does not deply the app, it wants to output a text version.

Apparently the Archive option creates an .apk file to deploy the app.

But when I do that I get a couple of problems.

1. It is looking for a debug symbols file.  Now why would it be doing that for a release build?

2. It tells me: MSB6006: "java.exe" exited with code 2. Now how do I correct this?  The app I am testing with doesn't do anything.  I just created a blank app and was testing deploying it.  I didn't change any settings except for making it Release.

Help, please.

Gary

Saturday, November 9, 2019 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hi gwardell2,

Sorry for delay in reply.

>>It is looking for a debug symbols file.  Now why would it be doing that for a release build?

You could go to AssemblyInfo.cs file, then add the below code to disable debugging feature completely.

#if DEBUG
    [assembly: Application(Debuggable=true)]
    #else
    [assembly: Application(Debuggable=false)]
    #endif

>>MSB6006: "java.exe" exited with code 2.

Please confirm if the "sign the .APK file using..." is default enabled in App properties/Android package signing, if yes, please disable it. If it persists, please delete bin and obj folders, then re-build it and archive it.

Look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 11, 2019 6:28 AM