none
VS2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Running VS2013 update4 (and 3), I get unhandled exception when trying to open the designer.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

The app didn't start. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8027025B)

at Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.AppPackage.AppPackageNativeMethods.IApplicationActivationManager.ActivateApplication(String appUserModelId, String activationContext, ActivateOptions options, Int32& processId)   at Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.AppPackage.WrtUtility.ActivateApplication(String appUserModelId, String activationContext, Object site)   at Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.ActivateApplicationInternal(String appUserModelId, String activationContext, Object site)   at Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateDesignerProcess(String applicationPath, String clientPort, Uri hostUri, IDictionary environmentVariables, Int32& processId, Object& processData)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.ProcessIsolationDomain..ctor(ProcessDomainFactory factory, IIsolationBoundary boundary, AppDomainSetup appDomainInfo, FrameworkName targetFramework, String identifier, String baseDirectory)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)   at Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.Initialize()   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.CreateInstance[T](Type type)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedObjectFactory.Initialize()   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExpressionHost.Services.VSIsolationService.CreateObjectFactory(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, IObjectCatalog catalog)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.IsolatedDesignerService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, CancellationToken cancelToken, DesignerServiceEntry& entry)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.IsolatedDesignerService.IsolatedDesignerView.CreateDesignerViewInfo(CancellationToken cancelToken)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.InvokeWithCulture[T](CultureInfo culture, Func`2 func, CancellationToken cancelToken)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.<>c__DisplayClassa`1.<StartTask>b__6()   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Thursday, December 4, 2014 11:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Farnk,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

According to your description, could you please tell me when you open the designer, which kind of project you try to open?

According to your decription, to further narrow-down this issue, I suggest you can try to open this project on another machine and then check if you get same issue.

(1)If you could not the error, I think that the issue may be related to the VS IDE issue, I suggest you can try the following steps to troubleshooting this issue.  

Step1: I suggest you can open your project in VS safe mode and then check if you install some third-party Add-ins impact the VS performance.

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278.aspx

Step2: I suggest you can reset your VS setting and then check this issue again.

Step3: I suggest you may need to repair or re-install your VS and then check this issue again.

(2)If you still get the error, to make sure if the issue is related to your project, I suggest you can create a new simple project and then check if you get same error.

Hope it help you!

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 5, 2014 6:50 AM