How to find where program is RRS feed

• Question

• I have a program that get caught in a infinite loop and freezes.

How Can I find Variable amount and place in program during Debugging?

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:47 PM

All replies

• Run your program from Visual Studio.  When it loops, give focus to Visual Studio and do Break All (Ctrl+Alt+Break from keyboard, or mouse click the Break All icon which looks like two vertical bars).  If it is looping in your code, you will see where.  If it is looping in other code (3rd party, .net, whatever), you may be able to figure it out by examining the call stack.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:45 PM
  • Hello,

Can you, please, explain how can I determine which program you talking about? 

If any - just search for - *.exe, *.com, *.ps1 & etc... on your PC.

If you have your source code in project in Studio - you will see available variables.

Explanation about how to debug without source code will take to long and you, most likely, would not understand it. You may need this after 3-5 years of work as commercial programmer.

P.S. Modeling SDK is not a good place to start - you need detail knowledge about how Studio are designed and working to effectively use this tool. Dll's which are created by this tools are loaded as services in instance of Studio. This Dll's didn't work separately.

Sincerely, Highly skilled coding monkey.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:52 PM