none
.NET Runtime 2 Error (Event ID :1000)

Question

• I have just installed my application on Clients Machine.It gets installed properly.But when starting application it shows
    .Net Error Msg as :

Faulting application <App.Name>,version 1.0.2896.34189,stamp 4757fea0,faulting module kernel32.dll version 5.1.2600.2096,stamp 4051 debub?0 fault address 0*00010096

The application is built of VS 2005 (VB.NET) and SQL Server Express.
    On my development PC it is running properly.

If anybody know please reply.

Is this .net framework problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:01 AM

Answers

•  Figo Fei - MSFT wrote:

So what is your application manage to do and what does it look like, is it a .NET application?

A simple way to isolate the causes can be to look for what is the difference between your develop machine and the target machine where your application depends on.

Thanks.

Have you checked the link I provided previously about KERNEL32.DLL error troubleshooting?

It'd be better if you could upload the application or just a suspicious part of it to somewhere on the web and paste the link here, if it is not quite large or confidencial.

Thanks

Monday, December 24, 2007 8:01 AM
  • As suggested by Figo, did you verify that .Net Framework is installed fine on this m/c using http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/03/21/557525.aspx?

You might want to try repairing .Net Framework on the machine where you are hitting this issue, although I am not sure if this is issue is related to installation of Framework.

If this doesn't resolve your issue you might want to post your question at http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=44&SiteID=1.

This forum is really about issues and questions concerning the installation of the .NET Framework. So you might have better chance of finding a solution by posting at the above mentioned forum instead.

Thanks for your patience.

Monday, December 31, 2007 7:43 PM

All replies

• What is this machine's OS?

So what happen when you run your application on other machines?

kernel32.dll is dynamic link library file in Windows 95,98,Me.

I don't think it is kind of related to .NET Framework installation, but you can verify if the .NET Framework is well installed : http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/03/21/557525.aspx

Otherwise, you may check Kernel32.DLL Error Troubleshooting

Thanks
    Monday, December 24, 2007 4:58 AM

• Thanks You for reply.

But Sir,it showing for only the my installed application.Not for others.On other Pc's it is working properly.

The OS is Windows XP & .Net Framework is 2.0.

Thanks & Regards,

Monday, December 24, 2007 5:33 AM
  • So did you interop with this dll in your program?

What machine you developed this application on?

I guess the cause is within the program manner.

Thanks

Monday, December 24, 2007 5:44 AM

• Dear Sir,

I have developed on same configuration.Windows XP and .NET Framework 2.0 and there is no such interop with this dll.

But not getting why this problem is coming on only at Client's PC.These PC's having same configuration as my machine have.

Thanks & Regards,

Monday, December 24, 2007 6:03 AM
  • So what is your application manage to do and what does it look like, is it a .NET application?

A simple way to isolate the causes can be to look for what is the difference between your develop machine and the target machine where your application depends on.

Thanks.

Monday, December 24, 2007 7:25 AM

• Yes..It is .NET application using VB.NET & SQL Server 2005.

All the PC's having same configuration.I have used same installers for all PCs

Thanks & Regards,

Monday, December 24, 2007 7:49 AM
  •  Figo Fei - MSFT wrote:

So what is your application manage to do and what does it look like, is it a .NET application?

Thanks.

Have you checked the link I provided previously about KERNEL32.DLL error troubleshooting?

It'd be better if you could upload the application or just a suspicious part of it to somewhere on the web and paste the link here, if it is not quite large or confidencial.

Thanks

Monday, December 24, 2007 8:01 AM

• Actually , these files are installers.After installing application,when I click the desktop shortcut of application,
    it shows above error.

Its size exceed 105 mb , I can not upload the setup files.

I have checked links for Kernel32.dll.But not getting the solution.

Please suggest suitable way.

Thanks & Regards,

Monday, December 24, 2007 9:01 AM
  • As suggested by Figo, did you verify that .Net Framework is installed fine on this m/c using http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/03/21/557525.aspx?

You might want to try repairing .Net Framework on the machine where you are hitting this issue, although I am not sure if this is issue is related to installation of Framework.

If this doesn't resolve your issue you might want to post your question at http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=44&SiteID=1.

This forum is really about issues and questions concerning the installation of the .NET Framework. So you might have better chance of finding a solution by posting at the above mentioned forum instead.

Thanks for your patience.

Monday, December 31, 2007 7:43 PM

• Yes Madam,

I have tested the .net framework is installed properly on client machin.

I have posted this issue to http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=44&SiteID=1.

Lets see what replies comes.

Thanks & Regards

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 10:08 AM