none
Web Browser Tab Problem

General discussion

• Hi there,

Haven't worked on my browser Teega in a while but starting to pick it up again in the new year. I had difficulties with the tab control... however it wasn't as bad as it could have been. They work well, and looks good, so I'm happy with them. Just the slight problem that a tab does not open on the web browser startup. Not too much of an issue now, as I thought about having a sortof view like Google Chrome, where it just suggests web pages or your recently visited ones and you click on them, and it opens a tab for you. I'm thinking something like this, but I'm just wondering how to go about doing this.

I don't want to have it so that it gains web pages from your history and creates a print screen or anything, but maybe something like a welcome page, welcome to Teega, and then a get browsing option or something. I tried doing this with just putting text over the page but as you can see in the following screenshot, it's over the tab control, even when there is no tab open.

All help appreciated, thanks a lot.

Jack
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 7:18 PM

All replies

• whatever function you use to make tabs open when the user does somthing, create that in a form load method.

here is mine:

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
           Dim ff as new form2
           Dim cc as new tabpage
           ff.borderstyle = none
           ff.Dock = DockStyle.Full
           ' a few other stuff i forget
        End Sub

'*Not to scale!

here is the template:

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
           'insert the same function you use to create new tabs here. copy and paste the code
        End Sub

The Code Rules

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 12:31 PM
  • Hello? i answered you! at least REPLY!

The Code Rules

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 1:22 PM
  • Hello? i answered you! at least REPLY!

The Code Rules

This thread is 10 years old. If the OP replies it will be a surprise.
    Tuesday, January 2, 2018 1:29 PM
  • -

Hello? i answered you! at least REPLY!

The Code Rules

This thread is 10 years old. If the OP replies it will be a surprise.

lol

The Code Rules

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 9:00 PM