none
Class not registered RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting a couple errors updating old code to visual studio 2008 express. The code is 2003 and converted successfully but I am getting an error at run time and when I try to view the main form using the form designer: Class not registered.
    I believe it may be related to another error I get at the same time:
    Could not determine the dependencies of the COM reference "MSBind". Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY))

-Chris
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:20 PM

Answers

• The project references list what is already in the project but doesn't really say what it needs. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I went to Project->Project properties->References tab

Expand the References tree in Solution Explorer. If any are missing it will be indicated there.
    Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    • Marked as answer by Xingwei Hu Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:40 PM
  • Little add to Paul's reply,

To do this you need to set the Solution Explorer to view all by one of those little icons in top of that

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:46 PM

All replies

• Are you sure that it is not an old project from which a Com Dll does not exist anymore?

Because it looks as that.

Cor
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:43 PM
  • Are you sure that it is not an old project from which a Com Dll does not exist anymore?

Because it looks as that.

Cor
    I'm almost positive it is because the project is referring to old dll's that don't exist. Is it hopeless to try to make this project work with 2008? The code is from the 2003 version.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:51 PM
  • try to register the library maybe it will sovle the problem. To register the DLL file, use command prompt and type the line below and press enter. If you will get a pop up message either successful or error

RegSvc32 "Path and the name of the library"
    Example
    RegSvc32 "C:\myCom.dll"

kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:58 PM
  • Did you look at the Project References in order to determine what components are not available?

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:05 PM
  • try to register the library maybe it will sovle the problem. To register the DLL file, use command prompt and type the line below and press enter. If you will get a pop up message either successful or error

RegSvc32 "Path and the name of the library"
    Example
    RegSvc32 "C:\myCom.dll"

kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    Tried this and it didn't work.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:08 PM
  • The project references list what is already in the project but doesn't really say what it needs. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I went to Project->Project properties->References tab
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:10 PM
  • If you are really interested in getting this project to 2008 then you probably may want to reengineer it because things have improved a lot in past 6 years.
    If this post is useful, mark it as answer.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:22 PM

Expand the References tree in Solution Explorer. If any are missing it will be indicated there.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:40 PM
  • Little add to Paul's reply,

To do this you need to set the Solution Explorer to view all by one of those little icons in top of that

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:46 PM