TF14098: Access Denied: User needs Check-in permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Me and my colleague are working on a branch folder and my colleague deleted the folder because it was not required any more. He did not check-in properly.

There was a parent branch for the deleted branch and he deleted the parent branch also but did not check-in properly.

Now both parent and child branch folders are not visible in his machine, but they are visible in my machine.

Neither he nor me are able to access any other folders within the project and I am even unable to delete the branch folders.

when I made an attempt to delete it I found the error message as:

TF14098: Access Denied: User needs Check-in permissions

Can anyone help me to resolve the issue. Is there any other way to delete these both parent and child branch folders.

Please guide me regarding the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumana Thakur

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Friday, November 3, 2017 5:49 AM
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 1:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Issue is resolved now, after playing around the environment I noticed that in the hierarchy of the parent branch I found the ID of the changeset.

With that ID I did rollback on branch folder and then deleted it completely from the server, now I am not getting the error message as "Access is denied".

Thank you for your support.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumana Thakur

• Marked as answer by sumana.thakur Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:14 AM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Sumana,

This forum is for Visual Studio IDE issues, and yours is related to TFS.

I will move this thread to corresponding forum for you to get a professional answer.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 3, 2017 5:44 AM
  • Hi Sumana,

Which version of TFS are you using? How did your colleague delete the branch, in VS/Team Explorer? Are you able to see the branches on TFS web portal?

If you use VS/Team Explorer, try to right click the branch, and select Advanced--Security, to see whether you have the permission to check in this branch.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 3, 2017 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Issue is resolved now, after playing around the environment I noticed that in the hierarchy of the parent branch I found the ID of the changeset.

With that ID I did rollback on branch folder and then deleted it completely from the server, now I am not getting the error message as "Access is denied".

Thank you for your support.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumana Thakur

• Marked as answer by sumana.thakur Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:14 AM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:14 AM