none
Error while consuming a 3rd party wsdl in vb.net visual studio 2012 using framework 4.6.2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an web application in vb.net with .net framework 3.5. As a part of a upgrade project, we need to upgrade the framework 4.6.2 and use a wsdl. The wsdl is developed on a different technology other than .net and then wrapped on top of Tibco and then my team gets the wsdl from the Tibco team.

When I try to consume the service, I am able to add the reference and see the methods but while compiling it for the 1st time, I am getting 2 errors. Both the errors are coming from the file which is created under appdata\temporary asp.net files\. Below is the error.

Error 1 An object reference is required for the non-static field, method, or property 'ServiceReference1.ServiceResponseMessageListDataSourceMsgList.System.get'

When I try just invoking it using wcftestclient using visual studio developer tool command prompt, it is directly throwing the same error.

The wsdl team is telling that the wsdl is fine and something needs to be done from my end.

Please help with your valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Srikant Mishra

Srikant Mishra

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:54 PM

All replies

• It seems to me that you are trying to treat the 3rd party service as a WCF service when you state that the service was created using a different technology.

What technology is that? Why are you not taking the WSDL and using the VS WSDL tool to make the .NET proxy classes to access the service?

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:33 PM
  • It should be any url 

which specify and complies with wsdl standard

generally they are asmx 

abc.asmx?wsdl

So the easiest way to do is get wsdl file save as txt file 

WSDL EmpService.wsdl /l:CS /server.

see the cs file can you compile it 

If it has any duplicate items remove it 

Sometime 1 wsdl has link to other wsdl files avoid that merge all into one wsdl 

you can modify cs file as long as you don't change signature.

The issue you have is because of some part of wsdl was not found because of permission issue

Downloading wsdl file into disk will show you what is missing.

Check wsdl file after saving it

you can send me wsdl file too.

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/12760/Reverse-Engineering-Through-WSDL-EXE

jinusa2007@hotmail.comhttp://askyourquestions.info/

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:23 PM
  • Hi Srikant,

What is your service type? Based on your previous post Can webservices using JSON be called easily from vb.net web application, it is not SOAP Service.

Is this service in current thread SOAP Service? If not, you could not consume the service by wsdl.

>> An object reference is required for the non-static field, method, or property 'ServiceReference1.ServiceResponseMessageListDataSourceMsgList.System.get'

After adding service reference, did you get this error? Or, you get this error when adding some code to call service method?

It would be helpful if you could share us more information about the service and the steps you get this error.

If possible, I would suggest you share us the wsdl address and the generated client code.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:43 AM