none
TFS 2017 Redirects Alias URL to Physical URL / Notification URL

Question

• Hi 

I have upgraded TFS 2017 last night.

Here is some configuration information. 

1. I have  configured Public URL & Server URL pointing to http://machinename:port/tfs
    2. I also have DNS entry for it with alias name  http://tfs.mycompanyname.com/tfs. 

Now when i connect to TFS using alias URL TFS redirects and shows actual URL in the address bar.

Can you tell me me how can i fix it to use alias URL & what is changing it to actual URL?

Yogesh 

Monday, March 27, 2017 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Yogesh,

What is the previous version of your TFS? Did this issue also happened to your previous version of TFS? This issue may be related to the configuration of DNS. And please share the steps about how did you create the DSN entry if it is possible for you.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:03 AM
  • Hi Limitxiao

We had TFS 2015 Update 3 which we upgraded to TFS 2017 RTM. but didnt face any issue of redirection of URL 

We faced URL redirection issue as we upgraded from TFS 2017 RTM to TFS 2017 Update 1.

I also noticed authentication is changed from NTLM to KERBEROS.

Thanks 

Yogesh Bandiwadekar

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:26 AM
  • Hi Yogesh,

Yes, TFS2017 changed the Authentication from NTLM to KERBEROS by default. You could use the following command to use NTLM:

TFSConfig Authentication /provider:NTLM

And please try to create a new DNS, then check the result again.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:14 AM
  • We also face the same problem after updating from 2015.3 to 2017.1:

Beside /tfs we configured another virtual directory pointing to the same physical directory. If we browse this directory the client gets a HTTP 302 Found with the HTTP Header Location: /tfs/DefaultCollection/

Did you fix your issue?

Kind Regards, Michael

Friday, March 31, 2017 4:13 PM

• Did you managed to fix the problem? we are having the exact same problem in our production environment.

Friday, April 14, 2017 7:53 PM
  • Hi,

Since you all get the same issue, please submit a feedback to the following link:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/22/index.html

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support

Monday, April 17, 2017 9:03 AM
  • Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:14 PM