none
Export to a file what Visual Studio Modify shows

Question

• I need to compare what I have installed for Microsoft Visual studio community edition with another developer who suspects the problems I have are due to not having installed the proper components. Ho send me a visual snapshot he made but that is not the best solution as it's not complete and is easy to miss items. Is there a way to export that to a file and compare that way?
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hi friend

I am so happy that hear my reply is helpful to you. meanwhile, please mark my reply as answer so that I will close this case and it will be displayed in our forum as a solved thread be reference.

Meanwhile, if you are interested to talk about this idea with VS's product team, I recommend you to report it through open VS -> click “provide a suggestion” in upper right of IDE -> choose “suggest a feature” tab and share your idea. After that, please be patient waiting for the response from the VS Product Team Engineers. If it gets more votes, the product team experts would think about adding it as a new feature in the future product.

Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day!

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:58 AM

All replies

• Hi elio.maldonado.batiz,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Please run the VS installer as administrator and click More-Export configuration, follow the steps, then we will get the .vsconfig file that listed the installed workloads and components like the following:

Note:  this feature is released in the latest version, please update your installer or download the preview installer from https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/preview/ and run the preview installer, not need to actually install the preview version, then you will find the VS installer already upgraded to the higher version.

Hope my reply is helpful and any feedback is excepted.

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 11, 2019 4:08 AM
  • Hi friend,

Sorry to bother you, I want to confirm if my replay is helpful for you?

Any new process or feedback is expected and if you were going forward not to stay in here, please ensure if my reply is helpful or not and then mark it as answer. After that, I will help you to close this issue, meanwhile, it will appear in our forum as a solved issue be referenced.

Have a nice night J.

May

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:33 AM
  • Thank you that's very helpful to compare what each of us have. Easy to see with Notepad or do a diff. I wish it would provide the option of showing more details as what you see when examining the list shown via Modify when one examines the list named "Individual Components" but that's a start. Hopefully MS will improve things in the future. Your reply does answer my question. 

emb

Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:13 AM
  • Hi friend

I am so happy that hear my reply is helpful to you. meanwhile, please mark my reply as answer so that I will close this case and it will be displayed in our forum as a solved thread be reference.

Meanwhile, if you are interested to talk about this idea with VS's product team, I recommend you to report it through open VS -> click “provide a suggestion” in upper right of IDE -> choose “suggest a feature” tab and share your idea. After that, please be patient waiting for the response from the VS Product Team Engineers. If it gets more votes, the product team experts would think about adding it as a new feature in the future product.

Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day!

May

Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:58 AM