none
ApplicationData.Current.LocalSettings delay? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My application stores data in files but also saves some values in ApplicationData.Current.LocalSettings...my application runs on RP3.  Not sure why, but it takes a very long time, several minutes, before the ApplicationData values get stored in a non-volatile manner.  Has anyone experienced this and is there a way to "flush" these settings to disk or verify that they have been saved?  If not, I might have to consider saving these settings in a data file as well.

Thank you

Dan DeMerchant

Friday, October 18, 2019 7:48 PM

Answers

• This issue was a bug in my code.  Application.Data.Current.LocalSettings is working perfectly.  Sorry to bother everyone with this.

Dan DeMerchant

• Marked as answer by danoplus Monday, October 28, 2019 2:18 PM
    Monday, October 28, 2019 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Dan,

I did not encounter this problem when i run this sample on RPi3. You might try to run this sample to check if it works fine. BTW, which build of Windows IoT Core did you test?

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:34 AM
  • My application has lots of disk access, and I think that this is affecting things.  I am going to investigate further using your example to see what is going on here...

Dan DeMerchant

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:38 PM
  • Hello Dan,

Please feel free let me know if there is any advancement. BTW, you can monitor the device performance (such as memory or CPU usage) when running the app, or use Stopwatch to get the time it takes for your code execution and optimize the code.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:14 AM
  • This issue was a bug in my code.  Application.Data.Current.LocalSettings is working perfectly.  Sorry to bother everyone with this.

Dan DeMerchant

• Marked as answer by danoplus Monday, October 28, 2019 2:18 PM
    Monday, October 28, 2019 2:18 PM