none
Visual Studio 2015 crash (with Data Lake plugin)

Question

• Since this morning, I cannot open ADLA project anymore in VS2015.

If I open VS2015 and click on Tools -> Data Lake -> Check for Updates, Visual studio crash with the same error.

The error seems to be :

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Xml.XmlException' occurred in System.Xml.dll
    Additional information: The 'ClientToolDeployManifest' start tag on line 1 position 2 does not match the end tag of 'ReleaseNote'. Line 12, position 3.

Any ideas ?

Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:33 PM

All replies

• Hi D_a_n_y,

Where I could download this plug-in? How could I repro this project in my side using the same VS2015?

If possible, you could share me the detailed steps.

I also did some research about it, it seems that it is related to the Azure:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=AzureDataLake

You'd better to check that whether just the specific project has this issue or all projects.

If it just has this issue for the Azure or the Azure data lake tool, you'd better to post this issue to above forum.

Of course, if it was the plug-in, my understanding is that you could remove and re-install it, you could also check that whether you installed the matched version as your current VS version. Please update your VS to the latest version(update 3).

If you get any latest information, please also feel free to share it here.

Update:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49504

If it is related to this tool, I couldn't repro this issue in my side, if possible, please re-install it again. Please also repair your VS2015, view the result.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 9, 2018 1:32 AM
  • It works well on other computers in our offices.

This issue is only on my computer, so I reinstalled the plugin.

No success, so I removed and reinstalled VS2015 on my computer.

It still fails. Maybe something corrupt on my computer.

So I decided to use VS2017 from now on. It seems to work without problem.
    Friday, March 9, 2018 3:24 PM
  • Hi Dan Bou,

So you got the same issue as D_a_n_y, am I right?

If just your Windows has this issue, I agree with you, it would be not the plug-in's issue, we would think about the VS or the windows Environment, but as you said that if you have re-installed the VS, maybe you would think about your windows itself.

Anyway, if possible, you could try to clean up the temp files or extension folder in your side, please also close all third party processes or tools during you uninstall/reinstall the VS. If it has no any error messages after you install the VS, but it still has this issue if you install that plug-in. We really  have to think about the Windows itself. Of course, since it works well in VS2017, I suggest you use the latest VS2017 version in your side, you know that it has much more new features now.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 12, 2018 2:45 AM
  • Hi D_a_n_y,

Not get response for several days, would you please share us the latest information in your side?

Do you still get this crashed issue in your side now?

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Monday, March 19, 2018 8:14 AM