none
Xamarin.Android AOT Compilation license RRS feed

• Question

• As stated in documentation (Docs/Xamarin/Xamarin.Android/Deployment and Testing/Preparing for Release/Preparing an Application for Release), the AOT Compilation option requires an Enterprise license or higher. But what if I build an app without Visual Studio using only MSBuild? Can I set this option by MSBuild command line argument or will this be a license violation?
    Monday, May 13, 2019 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>>Can I set this option by MSBuild command line argument or will this be a license violation?

I am afraid you can't do this. that is only available with an Enterprise license: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/android/deploy-test/release-prep/?tabs=vswin#aot-compilation

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 13, 2019 3:53 PM
  • Hi!
    But technically I able to do it. At the same time, neither Visual Studio license, nor Xamarin.Android license, nor MSBuild license, nor Mono license, nor Android SDK and Android NDK licenses prohibits this explicitly. It seems to me that a Visual Studio license only restricts the option in the UI (checkbox) and not the feature itself.
    Tuesday, May 14, 2019 11:13 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Discussed with my colleague, if you are able to do it without visual studio enterprise installed on your computer, there is no license violation.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 7, 2019 9:56 AM