none
Working in a prod environment with a SSIS package that read an ODATA source - SSIS 2016-2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to implement a SSIS 2016-2017 package in order to read an ODATA source and then to write onto a SQL Server table.

So, I need to understand what I must install on a prod environment in order to function this SSIS pkg. I could figure to install only an ODATA component, but I cannot installing any development tools on a prod environment.

Any helps to me in order to solve this issue, please? Thanks

Friday, December 6, 2019 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hi pscorca,

Please refer to the following links:

Tutorial: Using the OData Source

Using the OData Source in SQL Server Integration Services

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 9, 2019 2:11 AM
  • Hi Mona,

thanks for your reply, but I've already implemented a SSIS 2016-2017 package that uses an OData source.

It functions rightly on the development machine but I need to deploy it on a prod environment.

Do I need to install any OData components on the prod environment?

I repeat that I'm using SSIS 2016-2017 not SSIS 2014.

Monday, December 9, 2019 2:41 PM
  • Hi pscorca,

Please refer to ways to use and execute SQL Server Integration Services packages.

Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:46 AM
  • Hi Mona,

thanks, but I already know how working/deploying with a SSIS pkg in a prod environment.

I'm referring about what installing for using an OData source in a SSIS 2016-2017 pkg deployed in a prod environment.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 8:40 AM
  • Hi pscorca,

Please drag Odata source in data flow, create new connection manager and check if you can

test the connection successfully.

Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support

Friday, December 13, 2019 9:51 AM
  • Hi Mona,

I've already implemented the SSIS 2016-2017 package with the OData source.

My post refers to what I need to install in a prod environment in order to use the deployed package.

Friday, December 13, 2019 4:33 PM
  • Hi pscorca,

To use the deployed package, we should install SQL Server, SSDT, SSMS.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support

Monday, December 16, 2019 9:17 AM