How do I change TFS server in Visual Studio 2012? RRS feed

• Question

• I have different projects, that I work on different TFS servers. In Visual Studio 2010 it was easy to switch between servers. I would click Connect to Team Project icon: , and then I could choose server from list:

Now, where can I find this in Visual Studio 2012?

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Tschareck, 

Thanks for your post.

Please refer to the below screenshot:

If you are using VS 2012 Update 2, there’s a little different, you should click the Connect to Team Projects… first, like the below screenshot:

Then click Configure Team Projects… to open the Connect to Team Foundation Server dialog.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:23 AM
  • see here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh500420.aspx

"Switch to another team project or create a team project"

and more detailed http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181475.aspx#te

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:08 PM
  • Tschareck,

I, too, have had to do this, and the other replies miss the point of changing TFS servers.  The dialog which allows you to select other servers is in the "Configure Team Projects..." link on the "Connect" panel of Team Explorer, near the top.  If you don't have Team Explorer open, you can select "TEAM" from the top menu, then "Connect to Team Foundation Server".  This will open Team Explorer on the "Connect" panel, and you can then select the "Configure Team Projects..." link from there.

Hope this helps,

John

Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:32 PM

All replies

• see here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh500420.aspx

"Switch to another team project or create a team project"

and more detailed http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181475.aspx#te

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:08 PM
  • Hi Tschareck, 

Thanks for your post.

Please refer to the below screenshot:

If you are using VS 2012 Update 2, there’s a little different, you should click the Connect to Team Projects… first, like the below screenshot:

Then click Configure Team Projects… to open the Connect to Team Foundation Server dialog.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:23 AM
  • Tschareck,

I, too, have had to do this, and the other replies miss the point of changing TFS servers.  The dialog which allows you to select other servers is in the "Configure Team Projects..." link on the "Connect" panel of Team Explorer, near the top.  If you don't have Team Explorer open, you can select "TEAM" from the top menu, then "Connect to Team Foundation Server".  This will open Team Explorer on the "Connect" panel, and you can then select the "Configure Team Projects..." link from there.

Hope this helps,

John

Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:32 PM
  • Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I edited my previous reply, please read it.

I know you are using VS 2012 Update 2(or later version) now, so after click the Connect to Team Project…, we need to click Configure Team Project… to open the Connect to Team Foundation Server dialog, then we can select other TFS Servers.

But in the VS 2012 Update 1 or earlier version, click the Connect to Team Project…(either click it in Team Explorer or under Team menu) can open the Connect to Team Foundation Server dialog directly, there’s no this Configure Team Project… in VS 2012 Update 1 or earlier version. Please check the content in my first screenshot in my previous reply, it’s different with VS 2012 Update 2.

And if you have VS 2012 Update 1 or earlier version, please test this scenario in it.

Yes, you provided the right reply, but my previous reply is not completely wrong.

John Qiao [MSFT]

Friday, June 28, 2013 6:04 AM