How to update license offline for Visual Studio Express 2013 Preview? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know how to update license offline for Visual Studio 2013 Preview? The thing is I don't have internet connection at home, so I can't update license online. Please, help me.

There is no knowledge that is not power.

• Edited by JohnyL Friday, July 19, 2013 5:56 AM Title changed
    Friday, July 19, 2013 5:55 AM

Answers

• Hi JohnyL,

Unfortunately, we didn't list internet access as a prerequisite for the Preview releases. We have a documentation bug into the product team to get this fixed.

But you will need internet access to register and unlock any of the Preview editions of Visual Studio 2013. After it's unlocked though, the internet connection becomes optional.

For RTM, the Express SKUs will require the same. But for RTM, the Professional, Premium and Ultimate SKUs will allow for unlocking via the standard product license key.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Friday, July 19, 2013 9:56 PM

All replies

• Hi JohnyL,

Unfortunately, we didn't list internet access as a prerequisite for the Preview releases. We have a documentation bug into the product team to get this fixed.

But you will need internet access to register and unlock any of the Preview editions of Visual Studio 2013. After it's unlocked though, the internet connection becomes optional.

For RTM, the Express SKUs will require the same. But for RTM, the Professional, Premium and Ultimate SKUs will allow for unlocking via the standard product license key.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Friday, July 19, 2013 9:56 PM
  • Hello,

I've got related issue so I decided not to start a separate thread. The problem is that I installed VS2013 Express Web and Desktop, but renewed the license only for one of them (Desktop), which needed to configure proxy settings (at work we use proxy).

In VS2013 Web, I didn't configure proxy, so that when it asks to register I'm getting proxy error. But to configure proxy I have to start VS. And to start VS I need to register it, and to register it, I need to configure proxy:)

Sunday, September 8, 2013 11:29 AM
  • Well, we use proxy too, but there's no problem with registration - there's a problem with downloading Help. It can't access internet because it can't pass through proxy. This is really weird, and I decided to post this issue to connect.microsoft.com. You can read about it here.

There is no knowledge that is not power.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:02 PM