Visual Studio Load Test RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

The visual studio load test did not take the real measures for Avg. Response Time and Avg.Page Time from web portal. and also want to take the different data for the various users as I am giving the User Count is 25 and it request the same data for all the users. (Visual studio Enterprise 2019) .Kindly help me here.. Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Nimmy

Wednesday, August 5, 2020 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hello Nimmy,

Please kindly refer to this thread: What is the difference between Average Test Time, Average Response Time and Average Page Time, and try to change the option of Think Profile to “On”.

For viewing and analyzing every virtual users’ data, you can refer to this document: Analyzing load test virtual user activity in the Details view of the Load Test Analyzer. And follow this document: To investigate a specific user’s activity in the Virtual User Activity Chart, the information for every users should be different.

Another document for you to refer to: How to: Specify the step ramp time property for a step load pattern.

Feel free to let me know your concern. Besides, since this “Testing with Visual Studio Test Manager(MTM)” forum is being migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details and let’s discuss this issue on Microsoft Q&A forum.

Kind Regards,

Tianyu

Visual Studio forum is being migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Visual Studio" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, August 6, 2020 9:48 AM
  • Hello Tianu,

I have user count of 25. These 25 users taking the same input informations. I enabled the Think profile to ON. But if it 25 users the time could change but the Avg.response Time and Avg.Page seems incorrect. 

Thursday, August 6, 2020 10:20 AM
  • Hi Nimmy,

Thank you for your feedback.

Do you want to change every users’ input information? Or do you want to change the iteration(load pattern) in Load Test?

If you want to change every users’ input information, I’m afraid Load Test doesn’t support this feature.

In addition, for the incorrect Avg.Response and Avg.Page Time, I tested on my side again and checked the time both from browser(IE, default) and Visual Studio 2019, and I found that the “Time” was in a normal range. I suggest you can try to check the page response time from browser(press F12 > Network).

Feel free to let me know your concern.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

We invite you to post new questions in the "Visual Studio" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!

Friday, August 7, 2020 8:45 AM
  • Hello Tianu,

Actually I want to check the response time of the page for Save request for 25 users. Not the business logic..

Friday, August 7, 2020 9:10 AM
  • Hello Nimmy,

I also tested with “Save” request, and the time from load test matched the real time. I suggest you try to test some other web applications and check if the load test from Visual Studio still reports incorrect information.

Besides, please also note that the Avg .Page Time means the average time of page, if there are other instances or actions which cost less time for example 0.002s and 20s, then the Avg .Page Time will become less. You can check the details from Graphs > Page Response Time and look for the “Save” request(Instance).

If Load Test still reports incorrect information, could you please share a reproduced simple sample(avoid or replace private information with XXXX) with me(by uploading it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here) and I will go to check it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Tianyu

Friday, August 7, 2020 10:29 AM
  • Hello Nimmy,

Do you have any update? If this issue still persists or you have any concern, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

Friday, August 14, 2020 8:26 AM
  • Dear Tianyu,

Thank you very much for all your response.. I have done with the problem by passing parameters to the request. (Add Extraction rule in the web test response(Created the parameter for the specific field) and added the data source for each of the parameter and in Load test I have mentioned the User count which really gives me the avg.response time of the specific users with different data which i passed through parameters. Thank you very much.. 

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 6:58 AM
  • Dear Nimmy,

Glad to hear that your issue has solved :D. Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions about Load Test in the future.

By the way, you can mark your useful reply as answer, so that other forum members who meet the similar issues can refer to this thread.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 9:44 AM