none
Vcpkg Libraries not detected by Visual Studio 2019 Community edition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently working on a Open-Source Project, which has some third-party library dependencies, I have installed all of them using Vcpkg into a particular folder in my E: drive and integrated them with Visual Studio with the "vcpkg integrate install" command, and supplied the Cmake toolchain also in the IDE.

But the libraries (ie. WxWidgets currently) are not being detected while configuring the build.

I am attaching the configuration message as well as the error snapshots below.

Any suggestions regarding this, would of great help.

Thanks & Regards.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 11:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Praful16198,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Did you install x64 version of WxWdgets which is corresponding to your system? And I install WxWidgets using vcpkg.exe, and I could use it in VS 2019.

About configuring the build, could you share the type of your projects, and your configuration steps? which could help us analysis it better. 

Not sure if you lack some steps about installation. Please check steps below:

1. run "vcpkg integrate install" command
    2. run "vcpkg install WxWidgets"
    3. run "vcpkg install WxWidgets:x64-windows"

Look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Hi Dylan,

Thanks for the reply, I am still unable to link wxWidgets in Visual Studio. I have followed the same procedure as you have mentioned above.

I am working on an Open Source project which uses WxWidgets as a third party library.

Finally I gave up, and downloaded WxWidgets, from their official website and built it manually using Cmake and CLI. Then specified the path in Cmake GUI, and got it working.

Thanks & Regards,

Praful.  

Monday, November 18, 2019 11:01 AM
  • Hi Praful,

Thank you for feedback.

We are sorry for this workaround doesn't work for you.If you have other issues and questions about msbuild in the future, please feel free to contact us, we will try our best to provide a solution.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:21 AM