none
How to secure ASMX web service for external client without ssl/certificate

General discussion

• is there any way to secure my ASMX web service for external client without ssl/certificate ?

please let me know all possible ways to secure it. thanks

Monday, December 12, 2016 9:52 AM

All replies

• is there any way to secure my ASMX web service for external client without ssl/certificate ?

please let me know all possible ways to secure it. thanks

You should look up SOAP Authentication. It requires that the client trying to consume the legacy ASMX Web service must give a user-id and password in order to use the Web service.

However, the user-id and password are sent in plain text, and you might want to consider encrypting them is some manner,

Bing and Google are your friends.

Monday, December 12, 2016 10:30 AM
  • is it possible to give instruction to web service to encrypt user-id and password before sent from client side to server side ?

WSE has any mechanism for this ?

please guide me. thanks

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:23 PM
  • is it possible to give instruction to web service to encrypt user-id and password before sent from client side to server side ?

WSE has any mechanism for this ?

please guide me. thanks

There are plenty of means and tools to encrypt and decrypt data. I would dare say if you used Bing or Google you'll find plenty  of them.
    Sunday, December 18, 2016 4:50 AM
  • how to programmatically encrypt/decrypt request/response web service xml. if plenty exits then tell me few name if u know so i can use that. thanks
    Monday, December 19, 2016 9:15 AM