none
Reliable way of having multiple HTML Clients in VS2013 update 2 (msls-2.5.0) RRS feed

• Question

• Does anybody have a tested, reliable way of having two HTML Clients in the same LS App. Sharing the Server Project, Security and datasources?

This works just as I need it, but it breaks when upgrading to msls-2.5.0.

Nicolás Lope de Barrios
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Nicolás,

I tested it in Visual Studio 2013 update 3 according to the steps in the link above, but it doesn't works.

Could you provide us with your scenario below? or What's the error message you got?

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards

Angie 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 29, 2014 6:13 AM
  • Hi Angie, 

Sorry for the delay, I was working on another project. Today I resumed this exercise, and found that one of the projects was referencing the previous version scripts and css (x-2.0.0 instead of x.2.5.0). I deleted the old files, copied the new ones, checked the references in default.htm, and re-built.

It seems to be working just fine now.

Remember that in this case the app was built using VS2013 and then upgraded to Update 2.

Still, I'm not sure what steps to follow in the case of an already msls-2.5.1 HTML app.

Any suggestions from the LS team?

Nicolás Lope de Barrios
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.

Monday, September 1, 2014 3:04 PM
  • UPDATE:

Succesfully implemented security using Permissions Web API Controller. The solution builds correctly.

However, it throws this exception when trying to Publish as a package:

"Sequence contains more than one matching element"

I've read Dave Kidder's blog post Declaring LightSwitch Publish Wizard Bankruptcy, tryied his suggestion and it didn't work.

Nicolás Lope de Barrios

Monday, September 1, 2014 5:22 PM
  • I uploaded the app to my Public folder in OneDrive: http://1drv.ms/1oyzoyR, for those interested on taking a closer look.

Still getting the "Sequence contains more than one matching element" exception when trying to publish. One or more config files must have errors, Visual Studio refuses to save LsMultiClient.lsxtproj

Nicolás Lope de Barrios

Monday, September 1, 2014 8:03 PM
  • I went back to the original version, and it publishes correctly. So this narrows the issue down to upgraded solutions, from msls-2.0.0 to msls-2.5.0 and msls-2.5.1.

Also  have attached the solution to another VS intance. Turned off "Enable just my code" in Debugging Options, and turned on ""CLR exceptions", in Debug, Exceptions. Then publish, and the exception is thrown:

[System.InvalidOperationException] {"Sequence contains more than one matching element"}

StackTrace: at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate).

I'm stuck here now.

Nicolás Lope de Barrios

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:00 AM
  • Hi Nicolas

I am having the same problem. Do you have any updates on this issue?

jl

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:17 AM
  • Hi Nicolas

I am having the same problem. Do you have any updates on this issue?

jl

No, I'm sorry Joe. I opted to build a second application connected to the existing db. 

Nicolás Lope de Barrios

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 4:15 PM