How can I know the user details who made changes in permission settings for source code as well area path and other places.

Question

• Hi,

How can I know the user details who made changes in permission settings for source code as well areapath and other places.

Is there any way or log where I could go and check who made changes for permissions like from Allow to Deny or Not Set to Allow for Source code folders as well other places?

Having many admins for a project, it is difficult to keep permissions settings set as I did set for source code folders and other places. Some times, other admin changes the permissions and it is difficult to know who made and what change.

Please help

Thanks,

Anurag

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 5:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Experts,

Is there someone who could help me on this question? My question is simply about to know the person who made changes in permission settings.

-Anurag

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 6:12 AM
  • Hi Anurag,

Currently TFS doesn't keep a log of security changes. 

I find a related feature request here, you could vote it.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/330519-team-services/suggestions/15723192-add-auditing-logging-for-changes-done-in-vsts

Or you could submit a new feature on TFS User Voice site and vote for this feature.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 7:55 AM
  • Thanks Jingzhu.

I will vote for this feature.

-Anurag

Thursday, March 09, 2017 3:15 AM
  • Hi Anurag,

Could you please mark the reply I proposed above for this thread. This is will be beneficial for other communities who have similar issue.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 10, 2017 3:09 AM