none
crash When Use win32 api RRS feed

• Question

• When I Use HookWindow ( Like MessageBox : System Class #32770 ) And After That SubClassing It , And Close Main Form There is No Problem But When Destroy ( Close The Window App ) The Application I See Crash ( Hang The System ) , How Can Solve it 

Monday, August 26, 2019 6:29 AM

All replies

• When I Use HookWindow ( Like MessageBox : System Class #32770 ) And After That SubClassing It , And Close Main Form There is No Problem But When Destroy ( Close The Window App ) The Application I See Crash ( Hang The System ) , How Can Solve it 

Hello,

please give more Information. When you close the mainframe window, then you close the application. So there shouldn't be a difference.

What is the difference in your app? How do you "destroy" the app? How do you "Close Main Form" and how do you "Destroy/Close The Window App"?

Regards, Guido

Monday, August 26, 2019 6:46 AM
  • Hi , When Use WinApi In Other Application Like Microsoft Office Crash Will Happened , 

Public Dlgbox()

hhook=SetwindowseHook(WH_CBT,...)

UnhookWindows...

End Finction

Public DlgBoxHook(ncode,...)

if ncode<0 Then CallNextHook 

If ncode>0 Then 

SetWindowSubClass wparam,AddressOf SubClassProc,0,0

End If 

DlgBoxHook=CallNextHook(...

End Function

Hook Successfully Done And When Destroy The Window Class #32770 , There is No Crashing ( Even You Close The Application )

Point : But When Subclass This Class As Follows ( To Chan ge Color Or Remove Static Or AnyThing Else ) When Destroy The Class #32770 i Think Not Remove SubClass And it Make a Problem ( hang the System When We force the main app window to close) 

Public SubClassProc(hwnd,...)

Select Case Msg 

Case WM_Paint 

Case WM_DESTROY 

RemoveWindowSubClass hwnd,SubClassProc,0,0

End Select 

SubClassProc=DefWindowSubClass(hwnd,...)

End Function

• Edited by Grailly Ali Monday, August 26, 2019 7:39 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2019 7:35 AM
  • Please use the codeblock when you insert code.

Nevertheless, your code is not Visual C++. Ask in the forum of your programming language.

Regards, Guido

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Hi,

Your code is VB6. This forum is about c++ development.I suggest you should ask it in VB6 forum for better support. And this thread will be moved to Off-Topic Posts.

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:15 AM