none
System.Io.FileLoadException on other computers. RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a program which works fantastically on my development computer, however, when I try to run it on any other computer it crashes before it even displays the main window.

Some details: It is written mostly in C# 2005 with some C++ .Net 2005. It also has references to some WCF assemblies, though doesn't make use of them yet. I installed vcredist, .net 2.0, .net 3.0, and copied all of my programs dll's to the running directory.

Windows error reporting comes up and the details say that it is clr20r3, system.io.fileloadexception. MS says it means a dependency was found but couldn't be loaded. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...ttk(vs.80).aspx

Where do I go from here? How do I figure out what is going wrong on their computers (which I can't debug on).
    Monday, July 23, 2007 2:22 AM

Answers

• Actually, my main road block was that this was all the error report shows me, nonetheless I have figured it out.

Turns out I was putting the wrong version of vcredist on the target computers.

I put a try/catch all in main() and just had message boxes pop up to show details of the exception (including inner exception). Was much more helpful.

If you have the same problems, check the manifests of your C++ projects. They will say which version of Microsoft.VC80.CRT (or any dependencies for that matter) they need. If the target computer has an older version this will happen.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Coder0xff,

Could you please cover the error report of this issue in more details?

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:37 AM
  • Actually, my main road block was that this was all the error report shows me, nonetheless I have figured it out.

Turns out I was putting the wrong version of vcredist on the target computers.

I put a try/catch all in main() and just had message boxes pop up to show details of the exception (including inner exception). Was much more helpful.

If you have the same problems, check the manifests of your C++ projects. They will say which version of Microsoft.VC80.CRT (or any dependencies for that matter) they need. If the target computer has an older version this will happen.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:48 PM