Compare bunch of files at ones RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Very often I need to compare changed files with TFS originals. But it's impossible in "Pending changes" Tab select several files and compare them by single menu call. I need to call popup menu on every file and select corresponding menu item.

Is any way to compare a bunch of files by single action?

PS: I use external tool for file comparing.

Friday, November 17, 2017 7:16 AM

Answers

• Hi sluge,

You have two options:

1. Use VS extension "Diff All Files for VS2017": https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=deadlydog.DiffAllFilesforVS2017 (there are versions for VS2015, VS2013, VS2012, too).

2. Run tf diff command without any parameter, it will open all difference in tabs:

c:\projects> tf diff

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by sluge Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:25 AM
    Sunday, November 19, 2017 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi sluge,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the TFS source and version control. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum to get a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 17, 2017 7:39 AM
  • Hi sluge,

You have two options:

1. Use VS extension "Diff All Files for VS2017": https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=deadlydog.DiffAllFilesforVS2017 (there are versions for VS2015, VS2013, VS2012, too).

2. Run tf diff command without any parameter, it will open all difference in tabs:

c:\projects> tf diff

Best regards,

• Marked as answer by sluge Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:25 AM
    Sunday, November 19, 2017 9:27 AM