none
How to link .so file with .out file in Linux project in VS 2015

Question

• I have installed "Visual C++ for Linux Development" extension to develop Linux code in VS2015 on windows.

I have created two empty projects in Linux for .so and .out files.

Firstly i have selected project "Templates->Visual C++ -> Cross Platform -> Linux->Empty project (Linux)" and created .so file.

File got created successfully.

Similarly I have created .out file.

But i am not able to link .so with .out project

Please help on urgent basis.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Pooja Kamra

Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Pooja Kamra,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, this issue is about the C++ development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, February 9, 2018 2:28 AM
  • A .so is just like a DLL in Windows land.  In order for the executable to load it, it has to be either in the same directory as the executable, or in the standard library paths, like /lib, or /usr/lib, or /usr/local/lib.

Tim Roberts, Driver MVP Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Friday, February 9, 2018 10:40 PM