Digital Signature not working ! RRS feed

• Question

• I am using VS2013.4 Lightswitch / Local Desktop Application and want to have my applications digitally signed.  
    For that purpose I purchased a digital certificate from a Certificate Authority.

At publishing time I have in Security Settings / Digital Signature ticked the Specify Certificate option, browsed for the certificate and provided the private key; so far so good.

In the published output (on my PC),  checking setup.exe's properties, there is no signature present...

When I run the application I obviously hit the nasty 'Unknown Publisher' message.

I searched the internet and found an interesting article: "Windows 8 and ClickOnce : the definitive answer", but before exploring that avenue I wanted to know if other users had the same experience with the VS signing facility not working and whteher they found a solution.

VFP9Belgium

• Edited by VFP9Belgium Monday, December 22, 2014 3:27 PM Changed the ? in ! because it is not working...
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 11:08 AM

All replies

• Thanks fro providing the link, but as far as I can see it does not address the issue I raised. The products offered are payable and in my opinion the Visual Studio product should work as expected: when I sign, I do not expect the 'unknown publisher' message.

VFP9Belgium

Monday, December 22, 2014 3:21 PM
  • One week later and after exploring all reasonable avenues, I can only come to the conclusion that it does not work and that there is no solution. By the way, the article I referred to in my 12/18/2014 message adresses a similar issue with the SmartScreen filter but is outdated anyway for VS2013 users.

I find it hard to accept that, while having a genuine  digital signature, a Microsoft product (VS2013/Lightswitch/Desktop mode) gets a security warning from another Microsoft product (Windows)... and that there is no way around it.

I'll be pleased to stand corrected if someone can hint a solution.

VFP9Belgium

Friday, December 26, 2014 1:42 PM