none
VS2015 Debugger still being attached to .exe when debugger failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was doing debugging for my application and suddenly my debugger broke. I had to force that debugger would close the app because it was not closing(vs noted that I have to force it). When it closed debugger I still saw that .exe file was still running in process. I tried to end task trhough task manager but nothing happened.

Any ideas why is it like this?

Sadly can not provide any log file

Thanks.

• Edited by Tomas Mk Wednesday, March 30, 2016 11:09 PM grammar
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 11:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Tomas Mk,

If the debugger is able to attach to some, but not all, code types, you will see a message identifying which types failed to attach. You could use following steps to obtain specific information about why a code type failed to attach.

• Detach from the process. On the Debug menu, click Detach All.

• Reattach to the process, selecting only a single code type.

1. In the Attach to Process dialog box, select the process in the Available Processes list.

2. Click Select.

3. In the Select Code Type dialog box, select Debug these code types and the code type that failed to attach. Clear any other code.

4. Click OK. The Select Code Type dialog box closes.

5. In the Attach to Process dialog box, click Attach.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 8:28 AM