none
Web test execution in chrome RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i have recorded the script in internet explorer and when i reply in internet explorer its working fine.

but when i try to change the browser to chrome 2 its throwing me an error "access denied".

do i need to make any changes in the script for running in chrome?

can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

Balachandar

• Edited by Bala_23 Friday, May 3, 2019 9:49 AM
    Friday, May 3, 2019 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Bala_23,

Sorry for delay in reply.

According to your description, I could not reproduce this issue in my side. Please create a new webtest to record a other normal website, and then check if it can work.

##WORK  Please try to access the URL(in your test script) in the chrome browser directly. As far as I know, the "access denied"seems that the URL request have no authority to access the server, please check information with this error in the web test result page(Response, Context, Details), then check it with developer and add a plugin to mimic the same status which is in Internet explore. 

## NOT WORK Please check the chrome browser file in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\Templates\LoadTest\Browsers". 

<Browser Name="Chrome 2" MaxConnections="6">
      <Headers>    
        <Header Name="User-Agent" Value="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1;) AppleWebKit/530.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/2.0.169.1 Safari/530.1"/>
        <Header Name="Accept" Value="*/*" />
        <Header Name="Accept-Language" Value="{{$IEAcceptLanguage}}" />
        <Header Name="Accept-Encoding" Value="gzip,deflate" />
        <Header Name="Accept-Charset" Value="ISO-8859-1,*,utf-8" />
      </Headers>
    </Browser>

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Sunday, May 5, 2019 4:00 AM
  • Hi Balachandar,

As you said that you record the script in IE and it works well, and then you change the browser to the Chrome. It doesn't work.

Just to make this issue clearly, which kind of test type did you really create using the VS IDE, Unit test or Coded UI test or the web performance and Load test?

My understanding is that if it was the coded UI test, you need to install the cross browser extension if you run it using different browsers.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/test/using-different-web-browsers-with-coded-ui-tests?view=vs-2019

But if it was web performance test, sorry for that not very sure that how you change the browser in your side since the web test recorder just is in the IE browser.

If possible, please feel free to share us the latest information here, we will follow up your issue in time.

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 20, 2019 3:20 AM