none
SetNamedPipeHandleState fails with ERROR_PIPE_NOT_CONNECTED RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a named pipe, the server end of which is in a service, and from a client process after connecting succeeds with CreateFile(), SetNamedPipeHandleState() fails with GetLastError() 233 (ERROR_PIPE_NOT_CONNECTED).

The server process is running fine. Not sure what is going wrong in connecting. Also, no other processes are connecting to the named pipe in the service. Appreciate any leads into how to resolve this.

TIA,
    Jy

Saturday, March 24, 2018 8:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Jy_13,

Thank you for posting here.

According to the error message we know that No process is on the other end of the pipe.

Did you check whether the process is on the end of the pipe ?

Did you try to use the following demo?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365592(v=vs.85).aspx

Best Regards,

Hart

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:27 AM
  • Thank you Hart. The issue is now resolved. There was an internal issue in the code in the server process, so when I debugged that process, I found that there was some security related hashing code which caused the connection to be refused.

Regards,

Jy

• Edited by Jy_13 Thursday, March 29, 2018 6:52 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Hart WangModerator Thursday, March 29, 2018 6:56 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 6:51 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. 

If your issue has been resolved, please remember to close your thread by marking useful posts as answer that can be helpful for other person with same issue.

Best Regards,

Hart

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:07 AM