none
I need Visual Studio 2005 SDK (4.0) but cannot find it on the web. Anyone knows where it is, or can kindly share it with me? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm looking for Visual Studio 2005 SDK (preferably 4.0) because our project is still using Visual Studio 2005. However, it took me a long while to search for it on the web, including MS download center, and I still cannot find it. It seems the "oldest" VS SDK on MS download center is VS 2008 SDK 1.1.

Although there are some 3rd-party free download sites claiming they have the SDK I need, I'm not sure if those sites are clean or not and I finally decided not to trust them.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can still get this version of SDK? Or if anyone has it and can kindly share it with me?

Thank you very much!

Chengwei Lin

Monday, March 4, 2013 3:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• 2005 is out of support, so Microsoft would not be offering the 2005 SDK for download.
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:35 AM
  • Ya, that's what I guessed too. And that's why I was also hoping that maybe I can get a copy from someone who still has it on his/her computer. Not sure if I have the luck here?

Still thanks for your reply.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:01 AM
  • Hi,

You can get it from:

http://sdrv.ms/Z9bDEL

Best regards,

Disley

崖山之後無中國,明亡之後無華夏

• Marked as answer by Chengwei Lin Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:40 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:43 AM
  • Hi Disley,

Thank you so much! I've gotten it from your URL and installed it successfully on my computer.

I really appreciate your sharing. It helps me a lot. Thanks!

Best regards,

Chengwei

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:54 AM
  • Thanks very much. Your OneDrive share is still valid on 28th Jun 2017!
    Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:26 PM
  • 你好,能不能发我一份 VS2005 SDK 4.0 ,你这个网盘地址我打不开了,谢谢~!
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 1:08 AM