none
System.IO.FileNotFoundException - SQLite RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed an application which works fine on the development machine.  But when I place the executable on a network and try to run it from my workstation I get this error:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SalesTrust.MyLib' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.97.0, etc...

I believe SQLite is not "installed" as such and should be part of the application executable, but this error would suggest otherwise.  I have developed this small application for my own office use so I don't actually install it, just use the executable in the bin\Debug folder.

The application crashes as soon as a procedure is called from my "MyLib.vb method which Imports SQLite.

I have missed something..

Any help is appreciated

Brad

BHend

Thursday, July 2, 2015 5:59 AM

Answers

• When deploying an application you need to include any dependencies. If System.Data.SQLite has not been registered with the GAC (Global Assembly Cache) on a computer, then it must be installed in the folder on the network where the application executable is located.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

• Marked as answer by BHend Friday, July 3, 2015 12:43 AM
    Thursday, July 2, 2015 3:14 PM

All replies