none
Deployment of a VSTO "document" with ActionPane RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a VSTO solution, with a Word document. My solution uses custom dlls, COTS dlls, and when everything is in the same folder, the ActionPane is displayed correctly. 

If I save my document elsewhere, the ActionPanel is not displayed.

I'd like to have every file (except my documents) in one folder (local or on a server) so that every document created with a link to it could display the ActionPane. Is it possible ? How could I do that ? I couldn't find it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Monday, January 15, 2018 9:14 AM

Answers

• Hello pocky6,

Are you developing a word document-level project? If you are debugging and move out the dll or the document from the debug folder, this issue does exist since the document look for the dll in the current folder. I would suggest you deploy the project so you could move the document whatever you want.

Please try to refer to below links for deploying vsto project.

Deploying an Office Solution by Using ClickOnce
    Deploying an Office Solution by Using Windows Installer

Besides, if your custom dlls could be registered as a com library, you could try to register the dlls and then add reference from com library collections.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:22 AM

All replies

• Hello pocky6,

Are you developing a word document-level project? If you are debugging and move out the dll or the document from the debug folder, this issue does exist since the document look for the dll in the current folder. I would suggest you deploy the project so you could move the document whatever you want.

Please try to refer to below links for deploying vsto project.

Deploying an Office Solution by Using ClickOnce
    Deploying an Office Solution by Using Windows Installer

Besides, if your custom dlls could be registered as a com library, you could try to register the dlls and then add reference from com library collections.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:22 AM
  • Thank you Terry.

Actually I had issues trying to figure out how to deploy a word document without moving it to an Add in, but I ended up doing so.

I'm having issues when using ClickOnce (the add in doesn't update itself whereas I configured it to do it, and so on, but the links you gave me helped me.

Friday, January 19, 2018 2:38 PM