none
WCF service can be converted into rest full API RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

please clear my doute that can be converted WCF service to  Rest API . please answer me as soon as possible i have to implement into my project. one more thing that i can not change much more in my project.

please suggest me how can i  achieve ?   

Friday, June 14, 2019 12:17 PM

All replies

• No, a WCF service cannot be converted over to a rest api, becuase they are two different communication service technologies.

Now,  if the code for the underlying functionality the WCF service was doing was in a classlib project referenced by the WCF service project implementing SoC, then you  could set reference to the classlib project in the rest API and use the code in the classlib project, becuase the WCF service or the rest api service is just a communications conduit between the referenced classlib project  the service is using on the behalf of the client. 

It would be a less complicated conversion, if SoC has been implemented in the WCF service where you can just move the classlib project over to a rest api project and  use it, becuase there would be just basic code in the operational contracts of WCF using objects and behaviors of the objects in the classlib project.

You could just reference the same logic of the classlib project in the rest api's Get/Post logic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_concerns

Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:33 AM
  • very very thank u to reply... i am trying to implement your suggestion ...thanks a lots :)
    Monday, June 17, 2019 10:17 AM