none
Cloud WCF web serivce - 407 proxy authetication requried

Question

• Hi everyone,

I have hosted WCF service on Windows Azure portal.

I just want to simply access web service from my client application which is Form based app.

But in middle proxy server is there. So I need to provide some credentails to proxy server to access web service.

How can I achieve this ?

I am currently getting 407 proxy authentication requried error. In client i am using basicHttpBinding.

Thanks for the help!

Impossible = Null
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Bangg,

For WCF service client which need to go through an intermediate proxy and supply authentication credentials, you can try using the WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy property to supply a customized webproxy instance(with authentication credentials). Here is a blog entry mentioned this:

#[WCF]How to supply dedicated credentials for webproxy authentication in WCF client
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/stcheng/archive/2008/12/03/wcf-how-to-supply-dedicated-credentials-for-webproxy-authentication.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:42 AM
  • Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already tried above option but i m getting 407 proxy auth.. error.

Note that.. My proxy credentails are different than my logged machine credentails !

thanks

Impossible = Null
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:37 AM
  • Thanks for reply Bangg,

Would you show us the detailed code in WCF client (in which you supply credentials for the proxy)? And it is common that the proxy credentials(demanded by proxy server) is different from your logon user credentials.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:10 AM