none
Inspect and categorize bounced e-mail messages with C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,
    My boss assigns a task to sort and inspect bounced email messages using C # Winform or WPF. The platform I want to apply is Outlook. I have learned the methods to load emails such as IMAP, POP, SMTP, local files ... I have also downloaded a trial version of some third-party libraries such as Chilkat, ComponentPro and ComponentSpace but the current period As a pre-processing stage, I cannot apply for their official version. I really need to create my own app but really dont know where to start. Please help.
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 6:04 AM

Answers

• Hello,

where to start

System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient - solve for me all communication with our Exchange server.

>The platform I want to apply is Outlook. 

Sorry, do not understand this. 

There are a lot of ready-to-use software and several hardware solutions to deal with bounced e-mails - just get one of them and put in work to make a filtration you need. 

Sincerely, Highly skilled coding monkey.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm not sure what it is that you want to build.

Maybe it is an option to create a VSTO plugin for Outlook (you can create that with Visual Studio using WinForms, or WPF if you use the ControlHost).

From within this plugin you have access to the emails of the user running Outlook, you can search them, read their properties and categorise them.

Check the example in the following link to get started and create the VSTO plugin from Visual Studio.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/vsto/walkthrough-creating-your-first-vsto-add-in-for-outlook?view=vs-2019

Kind regards,

Johnny Hooyberghs

Thursday, August 1, 2019 7:57 AM
  • Hello,

where to start

System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient - solve for me all communication with our Exchange server.

>The platform I want to apply is Outlook. 

Sorry, do not understand this. 

There are a lot of ready-to-use software and several hardware solutions to deal with bounced e-mails - just get one of them and put in work to make a filtration you need. 

Sincerely, Highly skilled coding monkey.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 8:07 AM