none
MSBuild always builds all platforms for my UWP Windows 10 app even when specifying a specific one RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I thought I'd try here since I didn't get much luck on stackoverflow.com and my question got a -1 without any explanation as to why.

My solution is made up of 2 UWP projects; one being the app itself and the other is a UWP library. It also contains 3 additional Portable classes projects.

I'm trying to just build a package for ARM package for my UWP solution as it will only be distributed on Windows Phone, and from what I read, this could be achieved by calling the following:

MSBuild yourproject.sln /property:Configuration=Release /property:Platform=ARM

But whenever I call the above command, it still builds all packages for my solution i.e. x86, x64 and ARM, and it bundles them all into an .appxbundle file.

I'm doing from a elevated command prompt with .NET 2015 - Update 2.

Am I doing something wrong with the above command line? Do I need to specify additional parameters? Please let me know if I need to provide additional info.

Thanks.

• Edited by tfierens Sunday, April 24, 2016 3:04 PM Removed WinAppDeployCmd comments as it works just fine with the .appxbundle file.
    Sunday, April 24, 2016 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi tfierens,

Glad to see your issue has been fixed. I found that you post an answer in Stackoverflow of this question. This is the unresolved issue.

>>"I haven't figured out how to build all platforms."

We could build multi platforms by command line parameter. If you want to build all platforms, Project config file is a good choice. You could selected all platforms using IDE, it will generate multi PropertyGroup config sections in project config file.

<PropertyGroup>

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 25, 2016 1:59 AM