none
.NET Framework 3.5 error 0x80070002 RRS feed

• Question

• I was suddenly prompted to download Net Framework 3.5. When I did I received the error 0x80070002. What do I need to do to fix this?
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 9:38 AM

All replies

• for Windows 8 and higher, you install .NET framework 3.5 via features:
    Install the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 8
    0x80070002 means ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND , so I wonder how you tried to install, and on what OS?
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:46 PM
  • Hi Watersnake,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Thanks for reply from Eckis.

According to your error code “0x80070002”, it often means the file or folder cannot be found. But I have something to confirm with you. Could you tell me the version of your operating system? In addition, is it the first time for you to install .NET Framework 3.5? If possible, could you share us more steps so that we could reproduce your issue?

In addition, my best guess is that you are using windows 10. You could take the following methods to reinstall the .NET Framework 3.5.

#1. Press the Windows key  on your keyboard, type Windows Features and you could open the Turn Windows features on or off dialog box.

#2. Select .NET Framework 3.5(include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, press OK and wait for installing, then restart the computer.

You could also use the command “sfc/scannow” to see if there are any corrupted system files.

If the issue persists, I need your help to collect the installation log. Please download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link in here. Please clean up the personal information like Cookies and Password before you share your log.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 29, 2019 2:54 AM
  • Hi Watersnake

Sorry to disturb you.

Are our suggestions useful for you to solve your issue?

If my reply doesn’t work, please feel free to contact us, we can help you research it again.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 2, 2019 9:16 AM
  • Hi Watersnake,

Sorry to disturb you.

Did you have any update? Like EckiS analyzed above, not sure if you have done something or operations so that the system prompted you to download .NET Framework 3.5? And did you delete some system files by accident or maybe use some certain applications or antivirus software?

I consider this issue might be caused by your windows system and I suggest you could try to reinstall .NET Framework 3.5 and if possible, you might could also ask this issue in Windows Forum and might get some help.

BTW, the operating system you use has impacts on how to install .net framework. Because more PCs with Windows system has been installed with .NET Framework and you just need to turn on this feature like Anna said and EckiS shared above.

Hope this could help you.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 9:58 AM
  • Hi Watersnake,

Sorry to bother you.

Do you have any update?

If the issue is achieved, could you share your solution to others?

If the error code still persists, you could have a try with the following suggestion:

#1. Make sure you are in a stable network connection;

#2. Run the DISM tool to repair the windows update errors;

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Anna

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Hi Watersnake

Sorry to disturb you.

Are our suggestions useful for you to solve your issue?

For the error code "0x80070002", if you have not achieved it, I suggest you could have a try with the following methods:

#1. Please make sure to connect the internet: select Task Manager-->Service-->click “open services” at the bottom -> find “Windows updates “and right click and select properties --- change the "startup type" from manual to automatic, save the settings, and then click Apply.

#2. Open Control Panel ->Programs and Features->Select turn Windows features on or off-->Check the .net framework3.5 checkbox, wait for the download and install, restart the computer.

#3. If above methods still don’t work, I suppose you should modify your registry information. Just in case, please backup your registry information:

Start --> Run --> Type regedit-->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->Microsoft-->Internet Explorer-->Right-click MAIN,

select Permission --> Select User, change to "Allow full control" --> Reinstall .net framework3.5.

Hope all above will help you.

Best Regards,

Anna

Monday, December 9, 2019 10:20 AM