none
Infinite Threads RRS feed

• Question

• I need to save my data tot he database in a separate thread. I dont think currently I need to wait of anyting to return just need to be able to instantly save it on a separate thread so the application and continue processing and not wait on the save to complete. I also need to be able to save infinite times. Meaning I could have 5 or 10 threads trying to save to my database at once. When the save is done i just need it to kill the thread and move on. 
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

• Show us your current effort so far
    • Please spell check your post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:41 PM
  • Deleted
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:29 PM
  • I need to save my data tot he database in a separate thread. I dont think currently I need to wait of anyting to return just need to be able to instantly save it on a separate thread so the application and continue processing and not wait on the save to complete. I also need to be able to save infinite times. Meaning I could have 5 or 10 threads trying to save to my database at once. When the save is done i just need it to kill the thread and move on. 
    What is your action scheme if the updating stops in the middle, because of a whatever error (can even be a fall of power). 

Success
    Cor

Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:07 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any code show us? I will test it on my side. It could be better to help us to find the solution.

Best Regards,

Julie

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:53 AM