none
AVFoundation with VB.NET ? RRS feed

All replies

• Hello,

You can be the vast majority of code examples will be in C#

For example

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/xamarin/custom-camera-display-avfoundation/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Friday, December 6, 2019 7:56 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I'm assuming that it is possible although am a complete beginner, did learn some Swift on a Mac but switched over to Windows 10 which is why I'm asking about AVFoundation. Trouble is I don't know where to start to even download & import anything.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but the main goal is to read MP4 / iTunes Metadata.

Any suggestions ?

Saturday, December 7, 2019 8:16 PM
  • Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but the main goal is to read MP4 / iTunes Metadata.

If you just want to read .mp4 files metadata, you can use the Shell (Folder.GetDetailsOf)

(reference  : Microsoft Shell Controls and Automation)

• Edited by Castorix31 Saturday, December 7, 2019 8:22 PM
    Saturday, December 7, 2019 8:22 PM
  • Hi espr3ss0, 

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, you want to read MP4 / iTunes Metadata.

Here’s a related reference about your question and you can refer to the suggestions in the reference.

Retrieving file metadata using VB.Net

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 7:03 AM