none
Problem Installing RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a problem installing where I have the sdm and sdx files installed correctly and visual studio comes up just fine with the agree to license terms and privacy policy and the join the visual studio experience improvement program. I can (and do) check both of them and then hit the next program. Then it gives the optional features to install (I just went with the defaults and didn't change anything). I hit install the user account control notification comes up and I hit ok. Then it comes up with a screen that gives an acquiring and an applying loading bar and below applying it says creating a system restore point and doesn't actually do anything I've left it up for upwards of four hours on this screen and it never changed. What do I do?
    Friday, September 26, 2014 5:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Rattregoondoof,

It looks that you download VS from DreamSpark. Generally, if you want to ensure the installation of VS, we need to do some preparations.

1. Make sure that your installer is ok. 

2. Make sure that your system is patched up.

3. Disable the Anti-virus software.

Because the installer you download from DreamSpark using Secure Download Manager and we know little about SDM mechanism, in other words, we can't download VS from the DreamSpark because having no the account, please ask in DreamSpark forum about how to check if the installer is ok.

Any update is welcome.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 26, 2014 8:22 AM