none
Visual Community 2015 "Setup Blocked" Installation Loop RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install Visual Community 2015 on Windows 8.1. I get a "Setup Blocked" warning: "This version of Visual Studio requires the April 2014 update to Windows 8.1 . . . known as KB 2919355. Please install KB 2919355 before you install Visual Studio on these operating systems.

However, my update history indicates KB2919335 has been successfully installed (interestingly, repeatedly every few days).

When I check for windows updates, it get the message that updates are available, including the "important" KB2919335. I click install and get confirmation that is it successfully installed.

But when I try again to install Visual Community 2015, I get the same "setup blocked" error about requiring KB2919335.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Please refer to ConvertToInt32's reply in the following thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26975207/cant-install-visual-studio-2014-ctp-on-windows-8-1

For this error message,  KB2919355 requires 2919442.Before earlier updates installed some updates cannot be installed . You should check available updates even if it says there is no update. Please check after each restart.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 18, 2016 3:14 AM
  • Lana, thanks for the reply. When I try to manually install 291442, I get "the update is not applicable to your computer." I found Windows Update Troubleshooter and ran it and restarted. When I checked for updates, as usual, there are updates available, including 2919335. This is a Windows issue, not Visual Studio. I think my updates are not installing correctly for some reason. I'll research on the Windows side. Thanks for your help.
    Friday, March 18, 2016 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Please refer to ConvertToInt32's reply in the following thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26975207/cant-install-visual-studio-2014-ctp-on-windows-8-1

For this error message,  KB2919355 requires 2919442.Before earlier updates installed some updates cannot be installed . You should check available updates even if it says there is no update. Please check after each restart.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, March 18, 2016 3:14 AM
  • Lana, thanks for the reply. When I try to manually install 291442, I get "the update is not applicable to your computer." I found Windows Update Troubleshooter and ran it and restarted. When I checked for updates, as usual, there are updates available, including 2919335. This is a Windows issue, not Visual Studio. I think my updates are not installing correctly for some reason. I'll research on the Windows side. Thanks for your help.
    Friday, March 18, 2016 5:59 PM
  • Hi Bob,

Have you installed the windows update correctly on your machine?

If so, could you please share your solution and result here, it would be great if you could provide a appropriate one.

Best Regards,

Monday, March 21, 2016 7:19 AM