none
How to supress parity digit printing on barcodes

Question

• Hi All,

Is there someone that can assisit me.

I'm printing a barcode to a Seikosha BP6000 and it automaticly includes the parity bit as part of the print out, how do i stop it from printing?

Regards

Thursday, March 08, 2018 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi SonJonoJag,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Your issue is related to print from KCML language, I suggest you repost this issue to corresponding forum for a professional answer.

http://www.kcmlhelp.co.uk/

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SonJonoJag Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:26 AM
    Friday, March 09, 2018 3:05 AM
  • Good Day,Judyzh

This question i asked is not related to KCML, as i only need to know how to supress a parity bit on barcode?

I need to find help, no matter the system i use to know what code is used to supress a parity bit on a code 39 barcode.

If you have any idea or direction or even the correct forum i will gladly take the advise.

Thanks

Friday, March 09, 2018 9:19 AM
  • Hi SonJonoJag,

Sorry for that I don’t know how to suppress a parity bit on barcode. I will move this thread to corresponding forum, where the MS support engineers there may be able to know this part of the technology and could help you.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 12, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Might try asking for help over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?category=vslanguages

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 12, 2018 12:44 PM
  • I have experience coding to read and print UPC barcodes. I assume you refer to UPC-A (12 digit) barcodes, where the last digit is a checksum. The checksum digit is part of the barcode, as read by any scanner. Extra code would be required to omit the trailing digit. Even the shorter UPC-E (6 digit) barcodes depend on the checksum digit. Any code or program that sends a UPC barcode to a printer would require modification of the code. I doubt there is anything that can be done to the printer driver, or to the scanner, to omit the last digit.

I guess I have to ask why you would want to print just part of the barcode?

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Monday, March 12, 2018 3:51 PM
  • Good Day Richard

Thank you very much for the response.  You are correct in saying that i am using the UPC-A barcode which has the checksum after each data send.

The reason i am trying to supress the checksum digit is that when the barcode prints it does not reflect the true data send from the system.

Thus i need to supress the checksum digit " Parity" in order to get the true reflection of data being send printed and scanned.

Thank you once again for the reply and insite.

Regards

Jonathan

• Marked as answer by SonJonoJag Friday, March 16, 2018 1:06 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:26 AM

All replies

• Hi SonJonoJag,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Your issue is related to print from KCML language, I suggest you repost this issue to corresponding forum for a professional answer.

http://www.kcmlhelp.co.uk/

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 09, 2018 3:05 AM
  • Good Day,Judyzh

This question i asked is not related to KCML, as i only need to know how to supress a parity bit on barcode?

I need to find help, no matter the system i use to know what code is used to supress a parity bit on a code 39 barcode.

If you have any idea or direction or even the correct forum i will gladly take the advise.

Thanks

Friday, March 09, 2018 9:19 AM
  • Hi SonJonoJag,

Sorry for that I don’t know how to suppress a parity bit on barcode. I will move this thread to corresponding forum, where the MS support engineers there may be able to know this part of the technology and could help you.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support

Monday, March 12, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Might try asking for help over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?category=vslanguages

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 12, 2018 12:44 PM
  • I have experience coding to read and print UPC barcodes. I assume you refer to UPC-A (12 digit) barcodes, where the last digit is a checksum. The checksum digit is part of the barcode, as read by any scanner. Extra code would be required to omit the trailing digit. Even the shorter UPC-E (6 digit) barcodes depend on the checksum digit. Any code or program that sends a UPC barcode to a printer would require modification of the code. I doubt there is anything that can be done to the printer driver, or to the scanner, to omit the last digit.

I guess I have to ask why you would want to print just part of the barcode?

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Monday, March 12, 2018 3:51 PM
  • Good Day Richard

Thank you very much for the response.  You are correct in saying that i am using the UPC-A barcode which has the checksum after each data send.

The reason i am trying to supress the checksum digit is that when the barcode prints it does not reflect the true data send from the system.

Thus i need to supress the checksum digit " Parity" in order to get the true reflection of data being send printed and scanned.

Thank you once again for the reply and insite.

Regards

Jonathan

• Marked as answer by SonJonoJag Friday, March 16, 2018 1:06 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:26 AM