none
VS2015 Error 8007006E Unable to finish updating resource for bin\Release\app.publish\setup.exe

Question

• Hi,

My solution was originally created in VS Community and I was able to you use the ClickOnce method of publishing my web form on the intranet. I've now got VS 2015 Pro and I keep getting an error when attempting to publish.

An error occurred generating a bootstrapper: Unable to finish updating resource for bin\Release\app.publish\setup.exe with error 8007006E

I've rebooted, I've deleted my profile, I've uninstalled & reinstalled.  I'm stuck for what to do next.  If anyone has a solution to this error I'd be incredibly grateful.

Thanks,

Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:22 PM

Answers

• Hi  manicPsyche,

According to your description, this Error could be caused by various reasons. Please refer to the following steps to exclude some situation:

1. According to the Error, there is something wrong in folder “bin\Realease” in which contains a problematic app.publich folder. So I suggest you delete he contents in \bin\Release and then publish.
    2. This may be related the .NET framework version. Please  check the target framework of your originally project. And in VS2015 Pro choose the corresponding .NET framework version through right-click the project->Properties->Target framework.
    3. Cleaning the solution and Rebuilt.
    4. You could disabled all antivirus in your machine.

If the methods above do not work for you, please ensure the environment of VS Community and VS Pro are the same. For example, if  you use VS Community update3 so please use VS Pro update3 too.

In addition, you could create a new project with your VS pro and publish it. Whether this project occurs the same issue. If not, which may be  related to the project itself. So  we could copy the contents from the originally project to a new  project created by VS pro.

If yes, which  may be related to the version if VS pro. Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Please feel free to let me know your result.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 22, 2016 8:43 AM