none
How do I install python tools for visual studio into visual studio? RRS feed

• Question

• I have VS. I also also downloaded python tools for VS using MSI. I have closed VS. I have opened VS, and I do not see any options for python when I start a new project.

The problem is serious. I am thinking of skipping VS all together because I can 't get python in VS.  Microsoft have made using python on VS impossible for me. If the issue is not resolved, I will skip using VS.

• Moved by Nonki Takahashi Monday, October 31, 2016 8:38 AM about VS installation
    Monday, October 31, 2016 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hello SevenEight.

This forum is for Microsoft Small Basic programming language.  So, I will move your thread to an appropriate forum.  Thanks.

Nonki Takahashi

Monday, October 31, 2016 8:37 AM
  • Hi SevenEight,

Thank you for your post.

For your question, there is no doubt that VS could create Python project, Once you installed the "Python tools for Visual Studio".

1. Check if you have installed this tool well. Go to Control Panel to Modify your VS.

Tell us your VS version, for example, mine is VS 2015 Enterprise:

2. If the above components is existed, start VS and create a Python Project , you could also install it as below:

3. If you couldn't find anything about python, would you minding giving us a screenshot of your VS UI, we will try to help you analyze.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 1:59 AM