none
How to test desktop application in coded ui for window for whicha have userId and password field and cancle button RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to codedUI

i want to test desktop application which as one login page which consist of userid and password field and login button 

how can i write script for it

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 10:28 AM

All replies

• Use Visual Studio Enterprise Edition. Build a Coded UI project. Then you could just record the test as you want.

To write the test script or hand code it you need use Code UI test builder to capture the corresponding Control you need to interact with, ie userID and password filed you mentioned above, then check their search properties, after you write C# code to implement the test.

I suggest you follow the Coded UI tutorial which is helpful as you are new to Coded UI testing.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 8:35 AM